Today – Monday, 9th November 2020 – is Equal Pay Day in Ireland, the day on which women effectively stop earning for the rest of the year, due to the current gender pay gap of 14.4%.
To mark the day, and raise awareness about gender inequalities, we have worked with over 20 Oireachtas members and the Lord Mayor of Dublin to produce this video…
Participants in the video include representatives from Fianna Fáil, Fine Gael, the Green Party, Sinn Féin, the Labour Party, the Social Democrats and Solidarity-People Before Profit, including:
- The Lord Mayor of Dublin, Hazel Chu.
- Senators Ivana Bacik, Lorraine Clifford-Lee and Emer Currie, joint Chairs of the WorkEqual Oireachtas All-Party Group; and
- Ministers of State Peter Burke, Niall Collins and Ossian Smyth.
The other politicians featured are:
- Senator Aisling Dolan.
- Gary Gannon TD.
- Martin Browne TD.
- Senator Lisa Chambers.
- Neale Richmond TD.
- Senator Róisín Garvey.
- Sorca Clarke TD.
- Aodhán Ó Ríordáin TD.
- Senator Mary Seery-Kearney.
- Christopher O’Sullivan TD.
- Patrick Costello TD.
- Senator Fiona O’Loughlin.
- Bríd Smith TD.
- Ged Nash TD.
- Senator Erin McGreehan.
Thanks so much to all of those who contributed for their support.